Saturday 1 July 2017

How To Fit Working Out Into a Busy Schedule


So at the beginning of my fitfam journey I got a treadmill and bike in my house and felt I'd work out every night. Most times I would work out for like 5 minutes and end up getting carried away by what was happening on that days episode of Twist of Fate (yeah I was kinda going through a Zee World phase).
I noticed I wasn't really doing much, like I basically just did 5 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the bike. So I decided to join a gym, where I'd see people around working out and I would be motivated. The first gym i joined was a standard gym , paid for a month and felt I could go to the gym at least three times a week. The people there were awesome and all but due to the whole 9-5 work schedule it was difficult for me to go regularly. I ended up going to that gym just 2 times in the whole month.
Stuck to my diet righteously though! So now I am thinking. There should be a work out schedule for people with 9-5 jobs too. I mean having a house gym could work for some of you because obviously not everyone has the attention span of a 5 year old like me . 

If you are having the same problem I had with my house gym then I think I have a few tips that could help

1. Get a gym that is close to your house/work

2. Make sure you have a Strict instructor.  
           My gym instructor literally bullies me to come to the gym every time. *In his voice' : Dammy if you don't come to the gym today I will add 40 minutes to your next work out session and extra squats. That actually works for me and I end up going because really? Who wants extra squats and workout time ? Deffs not me!

3. Make friends with people who go to the gym regularly. That's another motivation to go to the gym

4. Create time after work. Even if it is 10-20 minutes to hit the gym and do some light workout.

5. Get a gym with a pool. Sometimes I really don't do much in the gym. Swimming/learning how to swim is another way of burning calories.

6. Put your sneaker, gym/swimming clothes in your car boot. Or work drawer. Sometimes you can just decide to get changed and head to the gym .  It's okay to be spontaneous.
For those who don't have a lot to do after work . Instead of heading home immediately after work and going to bed. You could just get changed and head to the gym. When you have a stressful day at work just head to the gym and get into the pool. It relaxes you and it's also a way to burn calories . Win-win! 


For those who really don't have time to go to the gym at all there's nothing to worry about. There are also ways you can stay active and burn calories with your day to day activities. That doesn't work for me though because 'desk job' but I will be sure to write up some tips in my next post. 

Have a nice day guys.

1 comment: