Sunday 2 July 2017

Say Goodbye to Soda


Today we are taking two big steps.

First step is to replace Soda with a Fruit anytime you are craving something sweet.
Second step is to replace your everyday dinner with fruit salad.
Isn't so hard, Hey???

By Soda I am talking about the likes of Coke,Fanta, Pepsi, Lemonade,Malt, Sprite and even bitter lemon.
Avoiding these things aren't just for people with diabetics though , too much sugar is bad for everyone  and drinks have a lot of calories  (I will talk about calorie counting much later)
In Nigeria, we love our soda. I mean after a long day at work or a day in the sun you just want to pop open a chilled bottle of Soda (I know this is me though).
So now I am going to be giving you a list of things you can use to suppress your soda craving.
The solution is Fruit.
Apples
Watermelon
Pineapple
Banana
Grapes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Oranges 

I mean it is a very long list. 
Anytime you start to crave something sweet you can just eat a fruit. If you have a Coke craving, Just chew on an Apple,if you are craving Fanta , go and suck on an orange. If you want 7up simply squeeze lemon juice and mix it with Honey.
There are other things you can do to curb your soda cravings. If you are at work and there is no way you can get fruit and you need a cold drink,  there's this super awesome drink called 'Cold Water' and the thing about this drink is that it has great benefits, satisfies and refreshes you and it comes with zero calories


Now let's talk about our new form of  Dinner! The appropriate thing for everybody trying to lose weight is to eat before 7pm. Instead of eating something heavy how about we eat Fruit salad.
So what I started to do was to make fruit salad ( diced apples, bananas, pawpaw pineapple  and watermelon) in my fridge every night before I go to bed so when I get home I have it as dinner, make a new one for the next night. You can change the fruits and switch things up whenever you want.

If you do this for at least a week. You will start to feel some difference in your body. We are taking baby steps in the weight loss journey so for now the only thing we are adding into our regular lifestyle is
*Taking lemon and warm water every morning
* Saying goodbye to Soda and Hello to Fruits
* Replacing our heavy dinner with fruit salads.
This is our one week journey and believe me this is as simple as it gets. There's no rush here. We taking baby steps together.


Have a lovely day guys. Feel free to ask me questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment