Thursday 23 April 2015

MAC's Russian Red vs Ruby Woo


I am a MAC freak, I love everything MAC. Especially their lipsticks. Most times the Lipsticks confuse me tho because most of them have almost the same shade. And as much as I'd love to own all the shades of  MAC lipsticks in the world  I think its a total waste buying two expensive lipsticks that are hard to tear apart.So I have decided to compare the similar looking lipsticks and give reviews on em.

Today I will be reviewing two Red MAC Lipsticks

Red lipstick is a universal classic item that is an absolute must-have for every woman. The sexy and the alluring, the chic and the classy and it never goes out of fashion, for a normal look that oozes glamour , red lipstick has it all ( just like a little black dress). It donates boldness ,sexiness and sophistication. Wow I sorta like those last three words

My favorite Red MAC lipsticks are Russian red and Ruby woo. Hey Mac lovers can you differentiate these two lipsticks?????


Both lipsticks are Matte tho Ruby Woo is retro matte and part of Mac's permanent line.
Both lipsticks have a classic finish and look great on almost every complexion.
Both lipsticks are extremely pigmented with zero sheen (glossiness) and stays on the lips longer ,which I really like

Russian Red and Ruby Woo are pretty much the same shade/color.  I cant even tell which is which when applied .

The only difference I can see is that Ruby woo is more dry compared to Russian Red, it glides on your lips.  So if I am to choose one , Ruby Woo totally does it for me. I love the extreme dry matte feeling on my lips and for people who aren't really into the ultra dry lips thingy . Russian red would be a perfect pick




3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the concept of this blog though! I am a Matte Lover! This post makes me want to buy Ruby Woo again! I got Lady Danger as a change from Ruby woo and I am hating it. Please blog about where I can get Matte nailpolish in Nigeria, that's if they sell it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion @FabulousFolah. Will do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac Lipsticks

    ReplyDelete